Baked Ranch Parmesan Crusted Chicken

Welcome back from the long weekend, friends! I hope you all had a weekend of beautiful weather, fun and relaxation. That’s pretty much what our weekend consisted of, and I’m missing it already. I’ll be sharing a recap Thursday!

Onto this week’s recipe. Does anybody else ever struggle with cooking chicken to make it different and not so bland? I’ve gotten pretty good at this over the years, but I still go through spells when I don’t feel like making one of my tried and true recipes.

I came across this recipe on Pinterest (where else, right?), and it was just what I was looking for. I’ve concocted several chicken recipes over the years that include a cracker crust, so I can’t believe it never occurred to me to add Ranch dressing. Duh!

This makes for an easy, quick and filling weeknight meal, and we had two chicken breasts leftover for lunch the next day. Enjoy!

*Note: The measurements below differ from the original sourced recipe.

Ingredients:
4 chicken breasts
1 sleeve Ritz crackers
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp Parsley flakes
1.5 Tbsp Ranch dressing per chicken breast
Garlic salt, to taste

Directions:
1. In a sealed Ziploc bag, crush Ritz crackers by hand or with a rolling pin. Add Parmesan cheese and parsley flakes.

2. Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry. Arrange in a 9Γ—12 dish (I used a Pyrex pie dish). Sprinkle
the chicken breasts with garlic salt, and then spread a thin layer of ranch dressing over the
top. Sprinkle a handful of cracker/cheese mixture on each chicken
breast, and pat down.

3. Bake in a 400 degree oven for about 20 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.

What is your favorite chicken recipe?

1. The crunch is definitely the best part of this chicken! And, thank you! My mom custom-ordered it for me a couple Christmases ago. I especially love using it to bake during the holidays.

Posted 5.28.14 Reply
  2. Let me know if you try it and like it!

Posted 5.28.14 Reply
  3. Right?! It really never occurred to me either until recently. It's much easier on my hands that's for sure.

Posted 5.28.14 Reply
  4. The crunch definitely adds some good flavor to the chicken. And, thank you! My mom had that custom-made for me a couple Christmases ago.

Posted 5.28.14 Reply
  5. Let me know if you do!

Posted 5.28.14 Reply
  6. Ah, I'm so glad! Isn't that pasta the best? And, thank you – it was a gift from my mom a couple Christmases ago.

7. It is! My hubby couldn't get enough of it πŸ™‚

8. Got that right!

Posted 5.28.14 Reply
  9. Yes! It's such an easy and delicious combination.

10. It's delicious! Comfort food πŸ™‚

Posted 5.28.14 Reply
  11. I need to try out Panco-covered chicken!

12. 365hangers wrote:

This looks absolutely delicious.We've tried panco covered chicken but never crackers. Adding that to the list!

xx 365HANGERS

Posted 5.28.14 Reply
  13. My grandmother totally use to make salmon cakes with a ritz cracker crusts on it! That looks soooo good!!

Posted 5.28.14 Reply
  14. Oh gosh, anything with parmesan and ranch you can just count me in! This looks delicious and I love that it uses crackers – so easy!

Posted 5.27.14 Reply
  15. Ashley T wrote:

Adding ranch probably makes this dish amazing!!

Posted 5.27.14 Reply
  16. Abby wrote:

yummmm that looks so good!

Abby

Posted 5.27.14 Reply

This looks amazing! I totally made your Pesto Feta pasta this weekend, so good! Your rolling pin is too cute!

sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

Posted 5.27.14 Reply
  18. Britt @Perpetually Daydreaming wrote:

That looks really good! And super easy. I'm going to have to try it out. Thanks Karly!

Posted 5.27.14 Reply

This looks amazing and easy! I love chicken with a crunch on it πŸ™‚ And love your rolling pin!

Posted 5.27.14 Reply

two things!! 1. this looks delicious! 2. I can't believe I never thought to use a rolling pin to crush up crackers – doh!!!

Posted 5.27.14 Reply
  21. Becky M wrote:

This looks so good!! I am saving it for later πŸ™‚

Posted 5.27.14 Reply
  22. carly wrote:

This sounds so delicious! Lately I've been loving chicken that is breaded or has some kind of crunchy texture! Also– your rolling pin is so cute! I've never seen one like that before!

Posted 5.27.14 Reply

Looks yummy! Love quick and easy recipes!

Posted 5.27.14 Reply

• To my #foreverweddingdate: thanks for always standing by my side, letting me dress you up once in a while, and posing for pictures outside my childhood home like it’s high school graduation day. I love you so much. πŸ˜‚β€οΈ #marriedlife #fridayfeels
  • It has been 84 years since it stopped raining in Wisconsin, so it seemed necessary to document the occasion. πŸ’πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ #thursdayvibes #loveloft
  • #Bookworms, rejoice! This is our kinda day! πŸ“š On #WorldBookDay, I simply want to say thank you to all authors. Your characters, stories and words change my life daily, and I can’t imagine a life without them. Happy reading to all! #bookstagram
  • β€œIt’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.” Alice, Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
β€’β€’β€’
β€’β€’β€’
  • Catalina Island is nothing short of enchanting. β˜€οΈ #catalinacasino #vacationmode #frommyview
  • California vacation part one: β˜‘οΈ. Thanks for the magic, memories and OG nostalgia Disneyland! #adultsatdisney #toontown #wallsofdisney