High Five for Friday

Happy Friday, peeps! The week around here was pretty dull, so I am looking forward to a fun and upbeat weekend, which right now includes checking out a new shopping center not too far from us (it has a Nordstrom Rack!) and meeting up with friends that are in from out of town.

Wherever you are and whatever plans you have, I hope you have a great weekend! Here is a recap of my week.

1. Here is an update on the vintage vanity! It’s coming along, but it has needed more coats of paint than we anticipated … I believe I took this after coat three, and I am up to coat five now. As much fun as this has been and how excited I am for the end result, I also am ready for this to be DONE. It’s been a little long at this point.

2. When it’s Ryan’s night to work, I usually struggle with what to make myself for dinner if we don’t have leftovers in the fridge. More times than most, I enjoy a big bowl of Mac & Cheese. And, if I’m lucky, a movie that I love is on TV – this week, it was Sex & the City.

3. Stripes and statement necklaces have been my bee’s knees lately. I can’t get enough! (top is from Target; necklace from Apt. 9 at Kohl’s).

4. This is what madness looks like a.k.a. purging and organizing my jewelry collection. I’m glad that task is over.

5. I was having a bed head, braided hair kind of day yesterday. I used to do my hair like this all the time but then stopped for no reason. I think I will be rocking this look again all summer long.

Linking up with:

1. 5.19.14
    Laura said:

The vanity is looking great!

2. 5.1.14

Love the braid and the stripes with the statement necklace!

3. 4.30.14
    Christina said:

love the braid! i definitely want a bowl of mac & cheese now. with bacon on top. heeh

4. 4.28.14
    emi said:

okay so 1) i need the necklace and the phone case, and 2) you just made me crave mac & cheese for the first time in a long time….haha thanks! xo

5. 4.27.14

Love your hair like that! I need to perfect some go-to summer hairstyles. I get so lazy when it's hot and humid out! And I'm drooling over that mac n cheese. YUM!

6. 4.26.14

Can't wait to see how the vanity turns out! Love that statement necklace, even better that it came from Kohl's! Hope you have a great weekend!

7. 4.26.14

Thanks, lady! Hope you have a great weekend, too.

8. 4.26.14

Thanks, girl! The vanity is almost finished … the drawers need one more coat of paint and the hardware screwed in, and then we need to paint the mirror. Keep your fingers crossed that our weather holds out so we can finish it this weekend!

9. 4.26.14

Any night that I can eat mac & cheese is considered perfection to me! It's embarrassing, but I can eat a whole box by myself. Then Ryan gets mad when I don't leave him any for when he gets home! Ha ha. Hope you have a great weekend!

10. 4.26.14

Thanks, girl!

11. 4.26.14

Thank you! We're almost there.

12. 4.26.14

Thank you! Gold + chevrons = two of my favorite things in life. It's from Target, the other love of my life. ๐Ÿ™‚

13. 4.26.14

I am still trying to master the fishtail braid – it's a bit tricky since I cut my hair a few inches shorter, but I am hoping to rock it at some point this summer. I bet bangs in a fishtail braid looks cute!

14. 4.26.14

Ha, can I PLEASE come over and braid your hair? I seriously enjoy doing other people's hair, but nobody ever wants me to! Go figure. And, that braid typically only works on my dirty, second-day hair, hence it looks like I just rolled out of bed. ๐Ÿ™‚ Have a fabulous weekend!

15. 4.26.14

Thank you! The vanity is definitely a labor of love, and I can't wait for it to be finished. It also took me a long time to figure out the side braid deal … it takes lots of patience, and second-day hair usually helps me. Thanks for stopping by!

16. 4.26.14

Thank you! It's definitely almost there … stay tuned for a long post about the makeover process!

17. 4.25.14

Love the vanity! The braid looks awesome. I wish I could do that…I've watched some tutorials and screw up every time!

18. 4.25.14

I saw your braid pic on Instagram so like want to come and braid mine because I have never been able to master a french braid no matter how hard I've tried! Girl when Mark isn't home it's either cereal or my go to wine, cheese & crackers. I need a SATC marathon soon! Thanks for linking up! xoxoxo

19. 4.25.14
    Tracie S said:

I love the big braid! My hair is so thin, it looks tiny and hides ๐Ÿ™‚ I like to fishtail briad my bangs too, it looks super cute pulled back into a messy bun!

20. 4.25.14
    Krystal R. said:

I love your phone case!

21. 4.25.14
    thedumbbelle.com said:

your vanity is coming along! it's going to look beautiful.

22. 4.25.14
    Abby said:

Love that vanity and you def need to rock that braided hairstyle more!

Abby

23. 4.25.14
    Mia- MakeMeUpMia said:

I think your mac & cheese SATC night looks like perfection. I love nights when I can eat something like mac & cheese or a pb&j. Still loving that necklace and your braid! Enjoy your weekend pretty lady.

24. 4.25.14
    carly said:

I can't wait to see the finished vanity– I'm sure it's going to look so pretty once it's all finished and put back together & even more cool to know you put all the TLC in yourself ๐Ÿ™‚ I love the braided headband- definitely such a good way to keep your hair pulled back without being too plain.

25. 4.25.14
    Biana Perez said:

Mac & Cheese with SATC yes – perfect night!! I love the braided hair look – so pretty! Hope you have a great weekend!