TGIF! How was your week? I’m looking forward to the weather getting back into the mid-50’s/low 60’s this weekend seeing as we took a big step backward this week in the weather department. I’m talking like snow on the ground step backward. It’s April, Mother Nature – start acting like it!
Okay, I’ve talked myself off the temperature edge.
Anyways, I have a pretty quiet weekend ahead since it’s Ryan’s weekend to work. If the weather cooperates, I should be able to get the first coat of paint on the vintage vanity! I’m so excited (and ready) to get this project done. What a labor of love that table has been.
Wherever you are and whatever your plans are this weekend, I hope you have a wonderful time! Here is my recap of the week.
1. I get to see and have lunch with this lady today a.k.a. my cousin Nicole. We now only live about 30 minutes from each other, but we’ve only managed to get together once since Ryan and I moved here in February. I am looking forward to lots of laughs and catching up. Oh, and that picture on the right is one of my favorites from my wedding day – Nicole had to put my garter on because I couldn’t bend down to do it myself!
2. As you all know from this post, Revenge is one of my favorite shows on TV. When I came across these earrings at World Market, I just had to have them. I see nothing wrong with accessorizing in tribute to a favorite TV show – is that just me? Probably.
3. Speaking of TV, can we just take a minute to contemplate last night’s finale of Scandal? Oh. em. gee. That pretty much sums up my thoughts. I can’t wait for next season!
4. This purchase happened this week, and I am not ashamed of it. Actually, it was the hubs’ idea to get it since it is on sale at Target. That just reaffirms my suspicions that he enjoyed it more than he lead on … typical.
5. Here’s another sneak peek of the vanity – we finished the bench! Let me tell you, upholstering is no easy feat. I’m not even sure if we did it right, but I’m thrilled with the finished product so that’s all that matters. I’m glad I decided to spray paint the bench black to contrast it against the table, which eventually will be a soft white. It’s all coming together!