DIY Bridal Shower Wine Basket

I have a fun DIY gift tutorial for you today!

Since I am at the age where all my friends are getting married around the same time, I have had to get creative with bridal shower and wedding gifts. There’s nothing wrong with gift cards, money or gifts off the couple’s registry, but I also like to do something a bit more customized and personal. That was especially the case for the bridal shower I attended last weekend since Megan is one of my best friends, and I am standing up as a bridesmaid for her wedding in July.

Since Megan enjoys a glass of wine, I thought a wine basket to celebrate all of her and Adam’s married firsts would be perfect. And, since I received a similar wedding present from my sister and brother-in-law, I knew where to order the tags from since I loved the ones that my sister used.

Here are the supplies that you’ll need:
Basket
Basket filler
Big cellophane bag – I bought all three of these in a kit from World Market
Wine tags – I ordered mine from Pulp Paper Goods on Etsy, and I can’t recommend them enough!
Alcohol – Purchase how many bottles that correspond with the number of tags you are using (a full list of what I used for each is below)
Ribbon to coordinate with wedding colors – Megan’s primary wedding color is Sangria
Two champagne or wine glasses

Here is what I did for each tag/bottle of wine:
Wedding night: Moscato
First fight: Cabernet Sauvignon
First Christmas Eve: Cabernet Sauvignon (I bought the Electric Reindeer brand from World Market so it had a Christmas label!)
First New Year’s Eve: Champagne
First Valentine’s Day: Pinot Noir
First house: Pinot Grigio
First anniversary: Sparkling Sweet Rose
First baby: Sparkling Cider (this was my favorite since Megan won’t be able to drink at that point!)

Aren’t these tags just the cutest? Each one has a personalized poem that has Megan and Adam’s names in it. You also can customize the color and pattern.

Start by measuring and cutting your ribbon. Then, to make it easier, I threaded the ribbon through the back of the tags to make a loop.

This way, all I had to do was slip the loop over the bottle and tie a bow.

Once all the tags are tied onto the bottles, arrange them and the glasses however you’d like in the basket. Then, it’s time to wrap the basket in the cellophane bag, add a cute tag, and tie it all up!

I hope this is helpful to any others out there that are looking for gift ideas for upcoming bridal showers or weddings. Megan and Adam enjoyed receiving it (I think so, at least!) just as much as I enjoyed making it. You never can go wrong with a thoughtful and personalized gift.

1. ElleSees.blogspot.com wrote:

i;m not getting married, but i'll definitely take one! 😉

Posted 5.19.14 Reply
  2. carly wrote:

I love making gift baskets & this is such a great idea! The little tags make it even cuter and I've always wondered where you buy the cellophane bags, so I definitely will have to look at World Market next time I'm there!

Posted 4.13.14 Reply
  3. Lisa C wrote:

These are so cute!

Posted 4.11.14 Reply
  4. Thank you!

Posted 4.11.14 Reply
  5. Ha ha, right?!

Posted 4.11.14 Reply
  6. A beer basket is such a cute idea! My husband would LOVE that.

Posted 4.11.14 Reply
  7. Thanks, Mia!

Posted 4.11.14 Reply
  8. Thank you! Yes, I received a similar gift from my sister as a wedding gift, and I loved it! As I always say, it's all about the presentation.

Posted 4.11.14 Reply
  9. Myla wrote:

You've created a lovely basket of goodies! I have given similar baskets to my wine loving friends and they always go over really well!

Posted 4.10.14 Reply

This is amazing Karlyn, awesome idea. Thank you for sharing 🙂

Posted 4.10.14 Reply
  11. Indian Savage wrote:

Great DIY!
    Kisses
    The Indian Savage diary

Posted 4.10.14 Reply

That really is a great gift idea – so thoughtful! I had a friend who got different beers for all their firsts (they are huge beer fans lol)

Posted 4.10.14 Reply

• To my #foreverweddingdate: thanks for always standing by my side, letting me dress you up once in a while, and posing for pictures outside my childhood home like it’s high school graduation day. I love you so much. 😂❤️ #marriedlife #fridayfeels
  • It has been 84 years since it stopped raining in Wisconsin, so it seemed necessary to document the occasion. 💁🏼‍♀️ #thursdayvibes #loveloft