Blue & Baubles

When it comes to dressing up, I am like most girly girls out there – I
enjoy a great cocktail dress with a killer pair of shoes, flawless
makeup, and big hair. However, since occasions where it is appropriate
to wear such attire are far and few inbetween these days, I kind of
cheat when I want to dress up for more casual special occasions, such as
going out to dinner.

If you’ve been reading MITM for a while, it is no secret that I love boyfriend blazers. Just as with this outfit, my blazer took a simple pair of black skinnies and a dressy blue tee from looking just nice to put-together and appropriate for a fancy dinner and night on the town. Plus, the lining adds a pop of leopard and I am NEVER opposed to leopard print. The statement necklace is one of my favorites because it is a neutral color, which keeps it from competing with anything else in the outfit.

Another reason why I don’t mind cheat-dressing up? I can guarantee I will be more comfortable (and warm!) than the girl in a spandex dress and stilettos.

blazer | Forever 21, old
tee | Banana Republic Factory Outlet, last year
jeans | Old Navy
shoes | Target, old
necklace | Apt. 9, Kohl’s

1. Maya McDonald wrote:

Such a good outfit to wear to work! I love mixing pretty cobalt shades with more tradition work wear – this look is gorgeous! xx

Posted 5.19.14 Reply
  2. Aimee Rose wrote:

Love that blazer, especially with the fun lining! Always a bonus- cute outfit!

Posted 4.29.14 Reply
  3. I seriously throw on a blazer 3-4 times a week. I have been loving my obnoxiously pink one that I got from Zara. I really like the leopard accents on this one and your bold blue shirt. Great outfit girl!!

Posted 4.29.14 Reply
  4. Thank you! I used to be so anti-leopard … I don't know what was wrong with me!

Posted 4.28.14 Reply
  5. I never thought of this as a work outfit, but you're right! You totally could swap out the jeans for a pencil skirt or pants, and you're good to go.

Posted 4.28.14 Reply
  6. I bought that blazer back in 2011 before my sister and I went to a Britney Spears concert, and it has been one of the best purchases! I wear it all the time. And, thank you! Ryan likes blue on me, too. 🙂

Posted 4.28.14 Reply
  7. Thank you! Simple but with a punch is how I would like to describe my style. 🙂

Posted 4.28.14 Reply
  8. Thanks, lady!

Posted 4.28.14 Reply

Love that blazer with the leopard, and royal blue is one of my favorite colors. Looks great girl!

Posted 4.28.14 Reply
  10. Kristen Warren wrote:

this outfit is simple but amazing.

Posted 4.28.14 Reply
  11. carly wrote:

That blazer looks like another huge F21 win! I love the little detailing on the sleeves! Blue is definitely your color!

Posted 4.28.14 Reply

Loving this look – especially how you cuffed the blazer to show off the details! I could totally wear this look to work!

Posted 4.28.14 Reply
  13. Abby wrote:

Love the leopard details on this jacket!

Abby

Posted 4.28.14 Reply

Looking cute, as always! Nice to see your smiling face this morning!

Posted 4.28.14 Reply