I’ve certainly developed a joy for being in the kitchen and trying new recipes throughout the past year. While I’ve surpassed the novice level for choosing and cooking main courses, I continue to struggle with selecting side dishes.
Ryan and I are trying to eat healthier to go along with our new daily workout routine, so I rounded up some recipes from my potatoes and veggies board on Pinterest that appear to be both healthy(ish) and tasty!
1. How to make the best asparagus in under 10 minutes. Now this looks like something I can do and that will go with a variety of meals.
2. Asparagus Gratin. The asparagus. The baked, cheesy goodness! I could devour this picture. I think I will try this when it’s not necessary that I make a potato dish, too.
3. Oven Roasted Parmesan Broccoli. Ryan isn’t big on broccoli due to an unfortunate experience when he was younger, but he will eat pretty much anything if there is cheese on it. It’s worth a shot.
4. Italian Peas. Peas are one of our favorite veggie side dishes, and this looks like a delicious twist on the regular ‘ol microwave bags we use.
5. Easy Ranch Potatoes. Doesn’t the title of this recipe say it all?
6. Slim Potato Casserole. Although I’m not a big potato girl, I always have loved cheesy potatoes. This waist-friendly recipe looks like it could be a winner.
Do you have any favorite healthy side dishes?