How does that once-popular song go? It’s Friday, Friday … Yes, it’s FRIDAY!
It’s already shaping up to be a good weekend. It’s Ryan’s weekend off of work, and the weather is supposed to be beautiful! We have a little shopping excursion planned, maybe a movie (if not at the theater, several Redbox trips), and some fun projects around the house to work on.
1. The entertainment center/bookshelves are decorated! I couldn’t be happier with how it turned out. It will always be a work in progress – changing photos, adding new books/getting rid of old ones, etc. We are still trying to figure out how to hide the jumble of cords that are underneath the middle section – maybe taping them to the bottom? I welcome any suggestions.
2. I THINK we finally caught all the mice that were getting into our rental house. So far, our casualty count is up to four, and I hope to keep it that way. I know we can’t have the little creatures running around the house, but it still makes me sad that we have to kill them. The joys of home renting!
3. My tip of the week – never EVER go into World Market on an empty stomach. You will buy unnecessary food. On the upside, that popcorn is delicious and healthy (140 cal per 2 cups and only 140 mg of sodium), and those cookies are knockoffs of Koala Yummies – my absolute favorite cookie/dessert as a child. Anybody else remember those? I may be showing my age.
4. I made an appointment to get my hair cut and colored next Wednesday. I can hardly contain my excitement for this – it’s been too long!
5. Because it is supposed to be relatively warm this weekend, this vintage beauty will finally be relocated to our garage for us to get to work on! I bought the vanity off Craigslist last month, and I am so excited to get to work on it. It always has been my dream to have a makeup table, let alone a vintage one from the 1940’s. I will be documenting the entire refurbishing process and plan to write a whole post about it once it is finished.