Happy Friday, everybody! And, a happy Friday it is because spring finally has arrived! Although it doesn’t necessarily yet feel like spring here in the Midwest, I’m now hopeful more than ever that the warmer temperatures are bound to show up sooner rather than later. Right? Maybe that’s wishful thinking.
After a long and emotional week, I am glad to finally have a weekend to relax and reboot. I have some plans to continue working on the decor in our rental home, catching up on Dawson’s Creek (obviously!), and maybe catching a late-night flick with the hubby – the Muppets movie, anybody?
Wherever you are and whatever your plans are for the weekend, I hope you have a fantastic time! Here are my top five moments from the week.
1. It became official this week – Ryan and I are headed to Las Vegas in September to celebrate our one-year wedding anniversary! Our wedding anniversary is the first weekend in October, so we are going the week before to accommodate work schedules. We could not be more excited! If any of you have ever been, I welcome your input and suggestions on things to do and see.
2. I finally got my hands on my annual indulgence – a shamrock shake from McDonald’s. It’s pretty much the only way I celebrate St. Patrick’s Day.
3. My sister and her husband came up for the day Sunday to see the house and our new neighborhood. We went to a local Irish pub for lunch (okay, so I celebrated St. Paddy’s Day two ways this year) and spent the afternoon talking and laughing. It’s always great to spend time with family.
4. I got a lot of good time in at the gym this week. Probably a good thing since I need to balance out my current pizza addiction.
5. Our Target Carson bookshelves arrived this week! We created a custom entertainment center with them for our living room, and we couldn’t be happier with the result. I’ll be doing a whole post on our living room decor soon, so stay tuned. PS: Bonus points to anybody who guesses which show we were watching.