High Five For Friday

TGIF, everybody! Thanks for all of yesterday’s birthday wishes. Although the day was relatively low key since Ryan had to work late, I still had a great day of shopping and pampering. I am a firm believer in extending my birthday celebration past just one day, so we have a weekend full of fun activities and outings ahead of us. I can’t wait!

Wherever you are and whatever plans you have this weekend, I hope you have a great time! Here are my top five moments from the week.

1. To kick off day two of my birthday celebration, Ryan and I are headed down to Schaumburg today for the night to be with my parents and go to IKEA! I am on another level of thrilled that we are going – I think we are going to find some gems for the house! If you’re interested in some of my coveted items, check out my rental home board on Pinterest.

2. This workout shirt combines three of my favorite things: working out, cute workout clothes and Britney Spears. Get it? Because it’s a play on words from the song Scream & Shout … I won’t mention that I got this in a large from the juniors section at Kohl’s.

3. Is this tray not maj? I mean … This was my big score at Michael’s this week. I can’t wait to style it on our future new coffee table.

4. Is my hubby the best or what? I had asked for this a long time ago and then forgot all about it – what a birthday surprise! I can’t wait to learn how to use it. Do any of you know of good online tutorials?

5. I was so excited to receive an Edible Arrangement from my parents for my birthday. I’ve never had one before, and the fruit is absolutely delicious! I probably could eat the whole thing in one sitting, but not to worry – I restrained myself.

Linking up with:

1. Pamela Bannon wrote:

Hey Karly! Just swinging through from the link-up! Happy Birthday! I love that tray! Totes adorbs! Have a great weekend!

Posted 3.7.14 Reply
  2. Jill Eldring wrote:

Happy birthday weekend. I am dying to learn how to use photoshop, hope you keep us informed on how you do. Great tray!

Posted 3.2.14 Reply
  3. That edible arrangement is so cute! I love that kale is taking the place of a filler for the bouquet. I just found your blog through Carly (who commented below) and am excited to see another Chicago girl!

Posted 3.1.14 Reply
  4. Marci Wallace wrote:

hi karly! found your blog through lauren's h54f link up! YAY for getting photoshop – you'll love it! i just google anything i need to know how to do on photoshop! tons of people have tutorials out there!

Posted 3.1.14 Reply
  5. Daisy L wrote:

Edible arrangements are the best!!!

Posted 2.28.14 Reply
  6. Pinky wrote:

That tray is awesome!

Posted 2.28.14 Reply
  7. carly wrote:

Edible arrangements are the best! Looks so good! Also, we are in need of a tray and I never even thought to check Michael's! I love the design on the one you guys picked! Have fun at ikea this weekend & enjoy your extended bday weekend 🙂

Posted 2.28.14 Reply

There are so many wonderful things about this post!! Loving the tray you picked up – it's really great and also the Adobe Photoshop gift was amazing – I need to bite the bullet and get that as well!! You'll have to share your tips!

Posted 2.28.14 Reply

Looking forward to seeing you and Ryan today! Yeah, it's Friday!

Posted 2.28.14 Reply

• It has been 84 years since it stopped raining in Wisconsin, so it seemed necessary to document the occasion. 💁🏼‍♀️ #thursdayvibes #loveloft